If you weren’t able to join us at the 2014 World Ag Expo and help us celebrate the kick-off to Toro’s Centennial year, here is a video of our Vice President of Worldwide Micro-Irrigation, Mike Drazan, addressing local media on the rare milestone of 100 years in business. Mike also discusses Toro’s history in the agricultural industry and announces some new drip irrigation products.
If you stick around to the end of the speech, Mike answers some questions from the audience. Though the microphone was unable to pick up the questions, here are the topics / questions that Mike answers:
- Besides the Drip Irrigation Owner’s Manual that you mentioned, what other educational material do you provide to growers who are interested in learning more about drip irrigation?
- Mike speaks on the different markets and applications Toro is focusing its innovation efforts.
- Mike speaks on the increasing popularity of subsurface drip irrigation, especially in the Midwest, and what Toro is doing to support the market.
- Mike speaks on the current drought in California and how irrigation efficiency is becoming more important than ever.
- Where does Toro manufacture its drip irrigation products?