In 2014, Staples Energy’s Low-Pressure Irrigation Efficiency Program successfully saved over 3800 kW of energy and gave growers over $1.2 million in incentive savings. Now, Staples is continuing the incentives through 2015 with a new 2015 Irrigation Efficiency Program.
NEW 2015 Irrigation Efficiency Program
The Staples Irrigation Efficiency program will provide incentives to any irrigation design which can demonstrate energy/water savings. The program will offer almost unlimited possibilities for submitting savings for rebates instead of only two “deemed” projects with set values for incentives.
Easy savings for installation of custom efficient irrigation systems!
- The Staples Irrigation Efficiency Program provides incentives for custom irrigation system retrofits that demonstrate energy/water savings.
- Flexibility for incentivizing all types of real-world, energy-efficient irrigation projects including flood-to-drip.
- Projects can use a combination of energy and water savings to calculate incentive rebate.
- An incentive of $.23 kWh savings will be available to each qualifying project.
For Vegetables, Berries and Row Crops:
- Save water, energy and money!
- Replace high-pressure sprinklers with drip or micro-irrigation.
- Receive $144 per acre!
- Increase yields and disribution uniformity.
Projects can use a combination of energy and water savings to calculate the kWh savings for projects. This allows flexibility for incentivizing all types of real-world, energy-efficient irrigation projects. As long as a project can be calculated to show a savings, it can be submitted to the Staples program.
Some quick facts about the program:
- Growers work with trusted, participating local irrigation suppliers
- Grower must have an electricity account with PG&E at the project’s electrical meter.
- Installation must replace previously installed system (installation for new projects do not qualify).
To find out more about the program, or to get started, visit staplesenergy.com/ag