Toro is pleased to announce that FlowControl Drip Tape is now available in the popular 0.13 GPH emitter flow rate. This newest flow rate allows for longer lengths of run, and lower application rates, than ever before. The .013 GPH flow rate is available in 5/8”, 7/8” & 1 3/8” internal diameters; 6-, 8-, 10-, 12-, & 15-mil wall thicknesses; and, 12” & 24” emitter spacing options.
The new 0.13 GPH emitter flow rate is a great addition to our FlowControl™ product offering. Until now, this popular drip tape flow rate wasn’t available with exponents below a 0.5 – forcing growers to accept either lower irrigation uniformity or less system flow rate flexibility. Now, with FlowControl, growers can get the lower flow rate they want and get the benefits of a 0.3 emitter exponent – specifically, better irrigation uniformity and system flexibility.
Features and benefits of Toro FlowControl drip tape include:
- Improved irrigation uniformity compared to standard, turbulent-flow drip tapes, resulting in better system performance and the increased ability to farm on hilly terrain or long lengths of run;
- More flexibility to adjust the overall system flow rate compared to pressure-compensating drip tapes, resulting in greater flexibility and control over irrigation scheduling decisions;
- Designed and molded with the PBX Advantage for increased durability, clog resistance and uniform output;
- Available in three diameters and five wall thicknesses, including more affordable 5/8” 6-mil & 7/8” 8-mil – the lowest wall thickness offering for drip tapes with emitter exponents below a 0.5
- Available in three different emitter flow rates, including 0.13, 0.20 and 0.27 GPH to accommodate various soil conditions and/or system flow requirements;
- Emitter spacing options from 6 to 24 inches with no price increase for closer spaced emitters; and.
- All flow rates require just 150-mesh filtration.
FlowControl created an entirely new category within the drip irrigation marketplace when it launched last year. Before FlowControl, growers were forced to choose between uniformity and control over system flow rates. Now, with FlowControl, growers can get the best of both worlds: improved uniformity compared to turbulent flow devices, and superior ability to control the overall system flow rate compared to pressure-compensating devices. This innovative new product helps growers achieve their objectives – increasing yield and quality, while using water, fertilizers and other resources in the most efficient manner possible.