Recognized for outstanding contributions to the irrigation industry
The Toro Company is pleased to announce that Inge Bisconer, technical marketing and sales manager for Toro’s Micro-Irrigation Business, will receive the Irrigation Association Industry Achievement Award for 2016.
Established in 1966, the Irrigation Association Industry Achievement Award recognizes employees or retirees from the irrigation industry that have demonstrated outstanding contributions to the advancement of the industry and its products and programs.
In her 35 years in the industry, Bisconer has established herself as a leader in helping agricultural growers improve profitability and sustainability through improved water and resource use efficiency, in addition to serving as an advocate for more efficient irrigation at both the state and national level. Bisconer’s recent achievements include:
- Created Toro’s education portfolio, including: the award-winning Toro Micro-Irrigation Owner’s Manual, which helps educate growers of row, field and permanent crops about the proper design, installation, operation and maintenance of drip irrigation systems and complements; Toro’s AquaFlow design software; Drip Irrigation Payback Wizard; and, Solutions Brochures.
- Recorded the “Agriculture Industry Response to California’s Drought” presentation at the invitation of the University of California’s Agriculture and Natural Resource Division for their Water and Drought Seminar Series.
- Served on the California Irrigation Institute (CII) board of directors since 2010, and as president in 2014. CII is California’s oldest independent forum on irrigation and water.
- Participated in the Irrigation Association’s “DC Fly-in” and “Agriculture Irrigation Technology Day on Capitol Hill” in 2013 and 2015 to advocate on behalf of efficient agricultural irrigation.
- Presented on “Optimizing Irrigation Uniformity and Water Use Efficiency” to the East San Joaquin Water Quality Coalition, which represents 3,500 California landowners who farm 700,000 acres.
- Co-host of monthly agriculture segments for The Water Zone, an award-winning radio show on KCAA 1050 AM that is sponsored by Toro. High profile guests from agriculture, industry, academia, government, water agencies and associations have helped move the California water discussion forward.
- Presented numerous webinars on The Grange Network, including: Making Drip Pay, The Toro Micro-Irrigation Owner’s Manual, Designing for Uniformity with Toro’s AquaFlow Design Software, viagra Ingredients, Drip Irrigation System Operation and Maintenance, Overcoming Drip Irrigation Uniformity Challenges using Aqua-Traxx® FC Flow Control Drip Tape, and California Irrigation Institute 2014 Conference Wrap-Up.
- Led efforts for The Toro Company to be invited to participate in The White House Water Summit on March 22, 2016, highlighting Toro’s innovation and initiatives in water use efficiency for agriculture, golf and grounds, commercial and residential.
- Represented the agricultural irrigation industry in July 2015 at the Efficient Agriculture Irrigation Stakeholder Meeting, hosted by California Governor Edmund Gerald “Jerry” Brown’s office and the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) at the Capitol in Sacramento
“It is an honor to have my efforts recognized by such an important industry membership association like the Irrigation Association,” says Bisconer. “Toro’s steadfast support has enabled me to broaden education and outreach efforts, which will ultimately affect change toward improved water use efficiency in local and global agriculture.”
Bisconer is a prime example of Toro’s attitude and dedication to enrich the beauty, productivity and sustainability of the land. “Toro’s legacy of innovation is rooted in the passionate employees who dedicate their lives to supporting our communities and the environment,” says Phil Burkart, vice president for Toro’s Irrigation and Lighting Businesses. “We have always known what an important asset Inge and those like her are to the industry. We congratulate her on this achievement and are immensely proud to have her on our team.”
Bisconer will be formally presented with the Industry Achievement Award at the Irrigation Association Show and Conference that will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, in December 2016.